- Collaborative Divorce
Civil Collaborative Practice begins with something both sides can agree on: settlement by design.
Disputes affecting business, partnerships, employment issues, medical malpractice, and probate and estate matters are financially and emotionally disruptive for everyone involved. Litigation often adds to the problems by creating entrenched positions, damaging or severing relationships, and imposing ineffective, unresponsive solutions.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Civil Collaborative Practice is a reasoned approach to dispute resolution based on:
- A commitment by the parties and their attorneys to resolve their dispute outside the court system
- A process intentionally geared toward settlement from the outset
- An open, honest, yet confidential exchange of information by the parties
An approach focused on the parties’ interests
– excerpt from the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
The Civil Collaborative Pracice works well in cases of
- Business or partnership dissolution
- Wills and probate
- Customer services and contracts
Lets get STARTED
Virginia Collaborative Professionals (VaCP) is a non-profit association of attorneys, mental health, and financial professionals organized into geographic practice groups within the state of Virginia. We are dedicated to resolving family and civil matters without litigation. Using the Collaborative Process, VaCP interdisciplinary teams offer the support, protection and legal guidance necessary to handle disputes within an atmosphere of mutual respect.