- Child Custody
- In Virginia
- The existing relationship between the children and each parent
- What role each parent has so far played in the children’s upbringing
- Each parent’s physical and mental health
- How well each parent can provide for the children’s material and emotional needs
- Each parent’s willingness to foster a healthy relationship between the children and the other parent
Preventing a Custody BattleDuring the collaborative process, there will be co-parenting coaches who can help you and your spouse customize a time-sharing (custody) agreement as part of a co-parenting plan that is best for you and for your children.
Utilizing Co-Parenting Coaches Minimizes the Impact of Divorce on your ChildrenEven the most amicable divorce is usually very hard on children. By keeping divorce out of the courtroom and working to facilitate respectful and amicable negotiations and agreements between you and your spouse, we seek to prevent any unnecessary emotional trauma to your children. Many parents who take this approach even report that the skills they learn during the process provide them with a new foundation for a healthy and constructive future relationship. Additional information about “how child custody is determined in Virginia” can be found here.
Lets get STARTED
VaCP members are Collaborative Professionals, dedicated to resolving family and civil matters without litigation. They train extensively to provide clients a high level of skill, competence and compassion to resolve disputes through the Collaborative Process without going to court.